True friends

Have you ever had someone touch your heart?
Truly?
Not your spouse.
Not your significant other.
A friend.
A true friend.
I have.
On many occasions.
There are a main few who stick out in my mind
Who are at the top of my list.
Moving to new places
Makes me nervous.
But then,
If you play your cards right
You will have multiple blessings…
For me
In Maryland it was…
Mary.
My amazing friend Mary.
Who I feel like I’ve known my whole life.
We haven’t talked in quite some time.
I still cherish our friendship.
She touched my heart.
And I am forever grateful.
In South Carolina…
I got double blessings.
Jamie & Marie
Two different women.
But I believe the connection and bond that we have is
Eternal.
These two touched my heart in their own ways.
I hope to one day repay the favor 
To help them the way they helped me.
And now,
I am hours and miles away from these amazing friends.
My heart breaks.
Florida.
Isn’t the same.
Most of my old friendships aren’t the same.
Strained and awkward.
 I think its time to let some of those go.
Time to move on.
I wish I could take these true friends with me where ever I go.
Someone asked Gary and I the other night if we missed any of the other places we have lived.
The answer.
YES.
It was agreed 
if we could have Gary’s job here
In South Carolina.
We would take it in a heart beat.
We’d be happy.
Where we felt like we belonged.
But with everything that has happened to us
Medical wise.
My grandmother believes that is one of the reasons we are here…
In Florida.
So with that in mind…
I must learn to deal.
Lord, give me strength.

To my dear friends,
I just want you to know just how much you have impacted my life.
I cherish our friendship.
I thank the Lord every day for you. 
You are the best and truest friends a girl could ask for.
Mary, Jamie, Marie…
Thank you. 
You have given such a wonderful example of the kind of women 
I want to become.
Please give your kids hugs and kisses from me.
All my love,
Marlee

No comments: